Merit Badge University 2017 is Alpha Phi Omega-Kappa Chapter’s annual
Boys Scouts of America merit badge event. The purpose of this event is
to support BSA learning objectives by providing local scouts an
opportunity to earn merit badges in a variety of
subjects. The idea being that the university and group setting combine
to augment each other: the university setting by supporting merit badge
courses with institutional resources, and the group setting by allowing
scouts the opportunity to learn and share
information with their peers. Merit Badge University 2017 is a two day
event. The first session will take place on March 4, 2017. And the
second on March 25th, 2017. In order to properly complete a badge, scout
attendance at both sessions will be mandatory.
Once you have purchased your registrations, please fill out the below form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header 'Registration Form':Click for Registration Form
Instructions for filling out the Registration Form
- After downloading the form, open it in a PDF Viewer program
- Fill out the form by clicking on each field (Scout Name, Troop Number, Scout Phone Number, etc.) and entering the appropriate information.
- Once you’ve entered the appropriate information for each scout registering, go to save the file by clicking on the printer icon.
- At the print menu change the print Destination from your printer to “Save as PDF”.
- Title the file “MBU Registration_Today’sDate” and click “Save” taking care to note which folder you’ve saved the file to.
- After purchasing tickets from our event page on carnegiemellontickets.com, email the form with the subject header “Registration Form” to email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Once we pay for a class, does that guarantee a spot or is it possible that a class could be closed by the time we get the paperwork to you?
Once you purchased a ticket for a class, you’re guaranteed a spot in the class.
How can I check class availability?
While we can’t give a precise count of the number of seats left in a class, if tickets are still available for purchase, then that means that the class still has seats available.
It says MBU is a two-day event, does that mean my scout can do a full-day badge on the first session, and a different full-day badge for the second?
No. All classes are conducted during both MBU sessions. This means morning classes take place during the morning sessions of the 4th and tte 25th, afternoon classes during the afternoon sessions, and full-day classes, during both the morning and afternoon sessions of both dates.
My scout can only attend the morning/afternoon session of MBU, is that O.K.?
No. Scouts registering for Half-Day Classes must register for both a Morning and an Afternoon session class.
scout can only attend one of the days of MBU, can they earn partial credit
towards a badge?
No. Attendance at both MBU sessions is mandatory to receive
credit for a badge, however, for students who unable to complete a badge,
partial credit will be given out based on progress achieved.